Croatian Foreign Minister Radman commemorates 500 Croatian victims in Macelj
Zagreb, August 22 (Hibya) - Croatian Foreign Minister Gordan Grlić Radman announced that he attended a commemoration and burial ceremony held in Macelj for 500 Croatian victims who lost their lives in post-war crimes ahead of the European Day of Remembrance for Victims of All Totalitarian and Authoritarian Regimes.
Croatian Foreign Minister Gordan Grlić Radman, together with Deputy Prime Minister and Croatian Defense Minister Tomo Medved, attended a ceremony in Macelj for 500 Croatian victims who lost their lives in post-war crimes.
Grlić Radman stated that the remains of those who died in post-war crimes, which he said were committed on the orders of the communist regime in former Yugoslavia, were buried on Croatian soil after more than 80 years.
Grlić Radman said the ceremony paid respect to the victims and restored the dignity that had been denied to them for years, adding that their lives and suffering would be preserved in historical memory.
He thanked Croatian and Slovenian institutions for their efforts in bringing the victims back to their countries and ensuring their proper burial.
Usa News Agency