Israeli strikes kill at least 12 across Lebanon, wound dozens
Stockholm, 21 February (Hibya) - Lebanese media reported that Israel killed two people in the Ein el-Hilweh refugee camp in southern Lebanon and at least 10 people in the Bekaa Valley in the east of the country.
Lebanon’s official National News Agency (NNA) reported that airstrikes on the Bekaa Valley on Friday killed at least six people and wounded more than 25, with the injured “distributed to hospitals in the region.”
The NNA later reported that the death toll from a strike on a building in the town of Riyaq in the Bekaa province had risen to “more than 10,” with at least 30 people wounded.
The agency said search efforts for survivors at the scene were ongoing.
Early on Friday, Lebanon’s Public Health Ministry said that at least two people were killed in an Israeli strike on the Ein el-Hilweh camp, the country’s largest Palestinian refugee camp located on the outskirts of the southern city of Sidon.
The NNA reported that an “Israeli drone” targeted the camp’s Hittin neighborhood.
The Israeli military said in a statement that its forces “struck a Hamas command center where terrorists were operating,” in response to “repeated violations of ceasefire agreements.”
Hamas condemned the attack, saying it caused “civilian” casualties.
The NNA added that the strike on the refugee camp caused “significant damage” to a building previously used by the Palestinian joint force responsible for the camp’s security, but now rented by an individual “to operate a kitchen distributing food aid.”
Usa News Agency
