Lula makes statement on combating violence against women
Brazil, May 20 (Hibya) - Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva made a statement regarding the 100-day results of the “Todos por Todas” program.
Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva made a statement regarding the first 100 days of the “Todos por Todas” program, launched through the joint efforts of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
President Lula stated that more than 6,300 people had been arrested in operations carried out as part of the fight against femicide and violence against women.
Lula said that women’s support centers had provided 148,000 services since the beginning of the year, adding that service requests on the Ligue 180 hotline increased by 14 percent, while complaints rose by 23 percent. The statement also noted that more than 6,500 women are being protected through portable tracking devices integrated with offenders’ electronic ankle monitors.
Lula noted that judicial processes had also been accelerated, with the review period for emergency protective measures reduced from two weeks to three days, and 90 percent of applications being reviewed within 48 hours.
Stating that 27 bills and one constitutional amendment aimed at protecting women had been approved, Lula said that women’s safety must cover all areas of society, from education to the digital environment.
Usa News Agency