Rubio: We will protect Americans from this sham court
Washington, August 18 (Hibya) - United States (US) Secretary of State Marco Rubio made a statement regarding sanctions against the International Criminal Court (ICC).
Rubio said that last month the United States launched a diplomatic campaign aimed at eliminating the threat posed by the ICC to the country's national sovereignty.
Announcing that the US administration imposed sanctions on ICC President Tomoko Akane and senior trial lawyer Abdoulaye Seye, Rubio said, “We are not backing down from our determination to protect Americans from the threat of this sham court.”
Rubio also referred to the US Declaration of Independence, saying, “Americans will never be carried beyond seas to be tried for supposed offenses.”
Usa News Agency