Fletcher: A thousand aid workers were killed, injured or kidnapped last year
New York, August 20 (Hibya) - United Nations (UN) Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Tom Fletcher drew attention to increasing violence against humanitarian workers worldwide, stressing that those responsible must be held accountable.
United Nations Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Tom Fletcher warned about the escalating attacks targeting humanitarian workers worldwide.
Stating that the situation was not a temporary surge, Fletcher described it as a stain on humanity.
Illustrating the scale of the attacks with figures, Fletcher said: “Last year, around a thousand aid workers worldwide were killed, injured or kidnapped.”
Calling on the international community and relevant parties, Fletcher said: “States, armed groups and everyone who enables them must be held accountable.”
Usa News Agency